6.09.2009

the kid named drake.

someone please help me understand. i admit, in advance, that i may have my facts confused.

drake has no cd. no label. 1 single but yet is creating buzz as if he's a larger than the beatles. why?

are folks being a bit premature in crowning him?

lastly, i thought dude was a singer. but he's a rapper? the only part of the "best" song that i like is the chorus ... i can't stand the rap part. apparently, i'm the only one ...
i just don't appreciate anyone telling me who i think is hot. i make that decision. thanks. the song is hot. but i'm trying to figure out why i should already say that drake, the artist, is so hot ... i mean he could be, probably is or will be, but uh.

he is a cutie. i guess.

6 comments:

nikki necole said...

no seriously...who is this??

mrs. halimah. said...

drake is the dude that has the song best: "shorty you the best, you the, you the best, the best i ever had." i'm sure you've heard it. the radio only plays it every 5 seconds. he's just huge all of a sudden and i'm trying to figure out what i missed ...

Anonymous said...

dag! ive ever seen him.. but have a bunch of his stuff on my mp3..hes a hot light skinded cutie! im ino him, i must say.. he has a jawn with Robin Thicke thats TIGHT.. thumbs up 2 Drake!

Opé - Style Artist said...

yes, he is the new hype. personally i can't stand the song....especially not the real version. the radio version is fine.

he is supposed to be a triple threat so they are really creating buzz before he drops.

mrs. halimah. said...

oh my. i haven't heard the real version ... what is "best" replaced with in the real version, ope ... i can only imagine.

nikki necole said...

OK I just went to YouTube to listen & you're right - I have heard this b4. He's a cutie for realz, but Halimah you crack me up....."he is a cutie...I guess" LOL but I agree I don't see what the hype is. Sounds just like every other run of the mill song on the radio.