what you need:
1-1/4 cup flour
1/2 cup soft butter
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup milk
1 tbsp orange liqueur (definitely grand marnier)
2 tbsp tequila (don julio)
fresh squeezed lime juice
buttercream or vanilla frosting (+ tsp of lime juice, grand marnier and don julio for frosting)
- preheat oven to 325 degrees
- prepare your cupcake pan with the liners
- in a large mixing bowl, add the dry ingredients first: flour, salt, sugar, baking powder
- add the wet ingredients: egg, butter, milk, lime juice, grand marnier, don julio
- blend well by hand or mixer (on low speed) and add batter to cupcake pan. bake until cupcakes appear brown or toothpick comes out clean - about 15-20 minutes. do not overcook.
- add lime juice, grand marnier and don julio to ready-made buttercream or vanilla frosting. spread frosting after cupcakes have cooled.
sounds interesting, huh? no. it actually sounds kinda gross. i need to find a pina coloda cupcake recipe or something. that sounds a whole lot better than some tequila. but i may just give it a try and see what everyone thinks. you can also check out another patron cupcake recipe over at fiercefoodie.com.
eat and be merry.